FREE UK DELIVERY ON ORDERS OVER £20 | USE SKIN25 FOR 25% DISCOUNT | FREE HAND WASH ON ORDERS OVER £30
Updated 24 November 2019
Childs Farm values transparency and wants you to be clear about why we ask you for personal information when you purchase from us. we’re also committed to protecting your information and using it responsibly.
this policy tells you how we collect, use and store your information.
the processing of your information is carried out by Childs Farm Limited, The Barn, Kestrel Court, Sherborne St. John, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 9HJ
• Childs Farm is responsible for the Site and is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and security. for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (“the DP Legislation”) the data controller of the Site and the personal data processed through it is Childs Farm.
use of the site
why and how we use your information
• we will only use your information where we have a legal basis and will always respect your rights. where we use your information, it may be because you have consented to us doing so or because we consider we have a legitimate interest to do so. where we do rely on a legitimate interest to use your information, we will always ensure that this is done in a way that is not intrusive. we may also use your information because we have a legal obligation to do so or because we need to fulfil a contractual obligation. how we use your information
• 3.1 to send you marketing communications by email, mobile messaging, or direct message on social media, where you have agreed to receive this
• you can tell us to stop contacting you, or change the way in which we do so, by getting in touch with us using the details in the contact us section or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. we will keep a record of any requests to stop receiving marketing information from us to ensure that we do not communicate with you in the future, unless you tell us you want to hear from us again. 3.2 to help us speak to you in a way that is relevant to you, and to understand our customers more broadly
• we try to ensure that our communications are as effective as possible. this means communicating with people in different ways, appropriate to them.
• on occasion, we will use information you have given us, for example the record of your previous purchases, to tailor our communications with you about future activities. we will also use information about how you use our website or interact with our emails so we can make them more effective.
• we will also use broad demographic information such as statistics and analysis from third parties to better understand how our own supporter base compares to the general population. this helps us to decide who to send our communications to and is useful to ensure the communications you receive are relevant to you.
• we will analyse anonymised data from our database so that we can understand our customer. insights like this help us understand customers, create segments and categorise our customers so they get a better experience.
• if you would prefer we didn’t use your information in this way, then you have the right to tell us to stop and can do so by getting in touch with us using the details in the contact us section or emailing email@example.com. 3.3 to target our digital and social media marketing and website activity
• if you visit our website, we log the IP address of the computer you are using in order to protect our servers against abuse and malicious activity. other information is used to measure the performance of our website, how many visitors (traffic) we receive and the behaviour of the visitors to site.
• when you access our website, some cookies are saved to your computer, for example if you have chosen a particular landing setting, created a user account, or visited certain sections of the website. your data may be used by third parties (such as AdRoll) to target advertising on other sites based on your online activity. you can turn off your cookies so that we can’t access this information. for more information, please read our cookies policy under section 9.
• we may also use the information you provide us with to target our digital and social media advertising effectively. this could include securely providing contact details such as your name and email address to digital advertising networks or social media companies, including but not limited to Facebook and Google. for example, we may use your information to enable us to display adverts to you, or to find potential supporters who have similar characteristics to you.
• any information we share with digital advertising networks will be encrypted and will not permit any wider use. you can stop your information being used for this by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• where you have asked us not to use your information for targeted digital advertising, you may still see adverts related to Childs Farm UK. this is because the social media site or advertising network may select you based on information they hold, such as your age and location, or websites you have visited, without using information that has been provided by us.
• you can control the kind of advertising which you see through the settings in the relevant social media site.
• you can also control other advertising messages by changing your browser settings, and opting out via networks such as Digital Advertising Alliance. 3.4 use of any images, videos of, or other information you share with us
• if you share your purchase of Childs Farm, or your personal experiences, by post, email or over social media, we may want to use this. if you are participating in an event with us, we’ll ask if you are happy to be included in our pictures – please tell us if you are not. in other cases, we will obtain the necessary permission to use this information or share this via social media – if you have already posted information yourself via social media about your engagement with us, we may repost your information.
retention of your personal data
• we will retain our records of your personal data (as set out in Section 3 above) unless and until you request that we delete or update it.
• please see Section 11 for details of how to request that we delete or update your personal data record.
security measures and possibility of international transfer
• Childs Farm is registered in accordance with and seeks to comply with the DP Legislation. we follow appropriate security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal data so as to prevent unauthorised access by third parties. we also require those parties to whom we transfer personal data to comply with the same. however, the internet is not a totally secure medium and you acknowledge and agree that Childs Farm shall not be responsible for any unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal data, except to the extent we are required to accept such responsibility by the DP Legislation.
• we will only transfer your personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to the extent that you require products to be delivered outside the EEA. in such circumstances, we will use the same delivery services company as for UK deliveries and put contractual arrangements in place to safeguard the adequate protection of your data. please note however that countries outside the EEA may not have the same level of protection as countries within the EEA.
who else will we provide your data to?
• we will not pass on your personal details to any third party unless (i) we have your consent or (ii) as set out below: in relation to each of the uses set out in paragraph 3, your personal data may be shared with our partners, employees and/or third party organisations that we appoint to assist Childs Farm. we shall endeavor to ensure that any such recipients of your personal data use appropriate security measures to protect your personal data – see paragraph 5 above;
• in relation to any promotions that we run jointly with a third party – see paragraph 7;
• in relation to any acquisition by Childs Farm or if Childs Farm is acquired by or merged with, another company, we may transfer your personal data to purchasers or subsidiaries (and potential purchasers or subsidiaries). this will enable you, for example, to continue your relationship with Childs Farm despite a change of ownership; and
• in circumstances in which we are required or authorised by law (including, but not limited to, the DP Legislation ), court order, regulatory or governmental authorities to disclose your personal data.
content posted by you
• of course, if you post any personal data to any bulletin boards or forums, this information will immediately be made available to other users throughout the world who may use it to send you unsolicited communications.
the use of 'cookies'
• in order to enable us to provide you with a personalised browsing experience, the Site uses ‘cookie’ information collection technology to distinguish you from other users of the Site. “Cookies” are small pieces of information that are issued to your computer when you enter a website. cookies are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive, and they can be used for a wide range of purposes, such as identifying your computer’s previous visits to the website, and to ascertain the most popular features of the website. we use the following cookies:
• strictly necessary cookies - these are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. they include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the site and use a shopping basket.
• analytical/performance cookies - these allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. this helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• functionality cookies - these are used to recognise you when you return to the Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
• targeting cookies - these cookies record your visit to the site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. we may use this information to make the site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. we may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
• within the above groups of cookies, we use session cookies, Google Analytics cookies and AdRoll cookies. the session cookies are a file in a temporary directory of the server where registered session variables and their values are stored. this data is available to all pages on the site during that visit.
• you can find further information about the Google Analytics cookies used from time to time here and about the AdRoll cookies used from time to time here.
• opt out of personalized advertising on ads served by AdRoll for Childs Farm, look for an AdChoices logo (the blue triangle) in the corner of the ad. click the logo to learn more about interest-based advertising, who served the ad, and manage your ad options. you can also opt out of seeing personalized ads from Childs Farm (and other companies) using the NAI opt out tool here. please note you will still see ads even if you opt out, but they will not be personalized.
links and third party advertising
• you have various rights under the DP Legislation in respect of your personal data.
• you can ask us for details of the personal data that we hold about you, the purposes for which it is being or will be processed, the envisaged period for which it will be retained, the recipients or classes of recipients to whom it is being or will be disclosed and details of any transfers of your personal data overseas.
• if you would like to request this data, please contact our data protection officer (DPO) at email@example.com or Childs Farm Ltd, The Barn, Kestrel Court, Sherborne St John, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 9HJ.
• we shall provide a copy of the personal data undergoing processing free of charge but may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs for providing further copies to you (details of which are available upon request).
• you can also check, update and amend the personal data we hold about you and/or the ways in which we process your personal data.
• to do so, please contact our data protection officer (DPO) at firstname.lastname@example.org or Childs Farm Limited, The Barn, Kestrel Court, Sherborne St. John, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 9HJ
• we hope that you will be happy with the way we use and store your personal data but if you wish to make a complaint, you should contact the information commissioner’s office – see https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
This Site is operated by Childs Farm Ltd (Company No. 07454284 | VAT number 110 452568) registered office address at The Barn, Kestrel Court, Sherborne St John, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 9HJ.
free UK delivery
on all orders over £20
free surprise sample
with every purchase
free 250ml hand wash
with every order over £30