A child may inadvertently drink one of our products and should this happen you will need to know what to do! We have spoken to the NHS in order to pass on their opinion about what you should do to give you peace of mind should this happen.
Childs Farm products are considered to be non-toxic (non-poisonous). Swallowing our products is usually not poisonous and patients will usually make a full recovery.
Should your child swallow some product and have no adverse reaction (see below), you should give them small sips of water or milk. They should be absolutely fine, and it will be no problem in introducing food within an hour.
You may take reassurance by calling NHS Non-emergency on 111 to discuss the condition of your child.
However, if an allergic reaction occurs seek immediate medical help by calling 999.
An allergic reaction would include:
- Irritation to the mouth
- Difficulty breathing
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of consciousness
Information to hand that will be helpful to the emergency services includes:
- The patients age, weight and condition
- The name of the product
- The time it was swallowed
- The amount swallowed
If there is a need to go to hospital, be sure to take the bottle that the child swallowed from so that the Health Care professionals can clearly see the ingredients.
Childs Farm provides this information as a general guide. Further information is available from the NHS, and essential guidance should come from your GP or other medical professionals familiar with the details of your child’s case.