Updated 15 September 2015
- This Site is owned and operated by Childs Farm Limited (“Childs Farm”) whose company number is 07454284, VAT number 110 452568 and whose registered address is Centrum House, 36 Station Road, Egham, Surrey, TW20 9LF.
- Use of the Site
Use of Site if you are 16 or under
Use of Content
- All copyright and all other intellectual property rights in all text, images, sound, software, trade marks, logos and other materials on the pages of the Site (“the Content“) are owned by Childs Farm or are reproduced on the Site with permission of the relevant rights owner. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- The Content may not be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means without Childs Farm’s prior written consent, except as stated at clause 4 below.
- You may read, view, print, download and (where appropriate) listen to and watch the Content of an individual page of the Site for your private and personal use only, provided that all copyright, trade mark and other proprietary notices contained in the original materials on any copy of these materials is retained, but you may not make more than one copy (electronically or otherwise) of any of the Content and you may not recopy or further distribute, sell, publish or transmit any part of the Content by electronic or any other means.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any Content you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Without limitation to the above, you agree not to sell, resell, supply or otherwise make the Content or extracts or other information derived from it available in any manner or on any media to any third party or for any commercial purposes without the prior written consent of Childs Farm.
- The names, images and logos identifying Childs Farm, its projects, products and services (including, without limitation, the names “Childs Farm Limited” and “Childs Farm”) or those of third parties, are the proprietary marks of Childs Farm, and/or may be the proprietary marks of third parties. Any use made of these marks may be an infringement of rights in those marks and Childs Farm reserves all rights to enforce such rights that it might have.
- Prohibited Use
Without limitation to the provisions of clause 2, you specifically agree that you may not use the Site:
- for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material, the publication, dissemination, use or possession of which infringes the rights of any person or which is unlawful in any other respect;
- in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site;
- to make available personal data about any person other than yourself;
- to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for use through the Site;
- to impersonate any other person or entity or to provide inaccurate information;
- in any way which is abusive, vulgar, racist, sexist, defamatory, sexually orientated or obscene or which may harass, distress, embarrass or inconvenience any person or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any person;
- for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation or commercial exploitation;
- for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes Content;
- to transmit or re-circulate any Content to any third party;
- in such a way so as to remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from any copies of any Content made in accordance with these terms;
- for any commercial purpose, including advertising of your business or products; or
- in any way that might bring Childs Farm or its affiliated charities and other organisations into disrepute.
- Linking to the Site
- You may link to our Site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to the Site in any website that is not owned by you.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- Use of Messages and Materials
- Any content (including messages, suggestions or material (including any text, pictures, photographs, graphics, video or audio)) you upload to the Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but by submitting it to Childs Farm/the Site you are granting Childs Farm (and third parties carrying out work for Childs Farm) a perpetual, royalty free, non-exclusive licence to reproduce, modify, translate, make available, distribute and sub-license the content in whole or in part and in any reasonable form anywhere in the world.
- By submitting any such content you also give Childs Farm permission to reference the message/material with your name and home town and to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Site constitutes a violation of their rights.
- If you do not wish to grant Childs Farm the rights set out above, do not submit contributions to Childs Farm/the Site.
- Childs Farm shall have the unrestricted right to post onto the Site some or all of any content that you submit to Childs Farm/the Site or to choose not to do so. If Childs Farm chooses to post some or all of your content it may thereafter remove it (in whole or part) from the Site at its discretion and without the need to give any reasons.
- You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
- Message Boards
- Some of the pages of the Site may contain message boards, bulletin boards, chat pages or other forums in which users are able to post material for viewing by others. Childs Farm does not edit or monitor the content of these pages and, subject to what is said below, does not have any knowledge of any of the activities or information carried on in, or contained within, those pages.
- If anyone becomes aware that any material on those pages, or any activities carried out on those pages, are offensive, unlawful or infringe any third party rights in any way, please send an appropriately worded message to Childs Farm by email using this address: email@example.com. Childs Farm shall then act expeditiously to (at its discretion) remove, or to disable access to any contravening information.
- The views expressed by other users on the Site do not represent Childs Farm’s views or values.
- We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of the Site.
- Warranties and Liability
- We have taken care in the preparation of the Site. However, as certain technical matters may be beyond our control, we cannot guarantee that you will have uninterrupted access to the Site at all times. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- The Content may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. Childs Farm makes no representations about the reliability, availability, timeliness and accuracy of the Content. The Content has been included in good faith and is for your general information only and does not constitute any form of advice, recommendation or arrangement by Childs Farm and is not intended to be relied upon by users in making (or refraining from making) any specific decisions. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CHECKING THE ACCURACY OF RELEVANT FACTS AND OPINIONS GIVEN ON THE SITE BEFORE taking (or refraining from taking) any step BASED UPON THEM. All conditions, warranties, terms and undertakings express or implied, statutory or otherwise, in respect of the provision of the Content are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Childs Farm does not warrant that the Site will be free of viruses or other harmful components. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access the Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- We may update the Site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on the Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
- The Site contains links to other websites (“Third Party Sites“). Childs Farm neither endorses nor takes responsibility for the availability or content of Third Party Sites and will not be a party to, or in any way responsible for, any transaction concerning goods or services available from such Third Party Sites. If you decide to use these links to access Third Party Sites you do so at your own risk.
- Advertising and Sponsorship
- The Site may contain third party advertising and sponsorship and advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Site complies with international and national law. Childs Farm will not be responsible for any error or inaccuracy in advertising material.
- Competitions and Prizes
- From time to time Childs Farm may run competitions, free prize draws and promotions on the Site. In each case these will be subject to additional competition terms which will be made available on the Site.
- On certain parts of the Site we may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself and where you do this you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”) and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data (by sending an appropriately worded email to firstname.lastname@example.org) to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
- If you are aged 16 or under, you must get your parent/guardian’s permission before you register with Child’s Farm. Users without this consent are not allowed to register.
- Submission of Information/Data
- Where information (including sensitive financial or personal information) is provided to Childs Farm (whether directly through the Site or otherwise) you accept that these methods of communication cannot be 100% secure. Childs Farm cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any damages (other than liability for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence of Childs Farm, or its officers or any liabilities that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded) arising from the misuse or loss of data or information submitted by you to Childs Farm, whether directly through the Site or otherwise.
- Your Username and Password
- If you register on the Site, you will be allocated with a unique username and/or password that gives you access to your personal Site account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur through your Site account.
- You agree to (a) immediately notify Childs Farm if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your password or Site account or any other breach of security by sending an appropriately worded email to email@example.com and (b) ensure that you exit from your Site account at the end of each session. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
- Contacting Childs Farm
- Other important terms
This Site is operated by Childs Farm Ltd (Company No. 07454284 VAT number 110 452568) registered office address at Centrum House, 36 Station Road, Egham, Surrey, TW20 9LF.