Updated 15 September 2015
Childs Farm is responsible for the Site and is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and security. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”) the data controller of the Site and the personal data processed through it is Childs Farm.
- Use of the Site if you are 16 or Under
- Collection and use of your personal data
Your personal data may be collected by Childs Farm through the Site (including registration details and messages/material submitted by you), through product searches and orders placed by you and emails and telephone calls to and from us. Personal data may also be provided about you by third parties. The personal data may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to the Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources.
We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Your personal data may be processed by (or on behalf of) Childs Farm for any of the following purposes:
- providing our newsletter and other services and products to you;
- communicating with you by telephone, text, email and/or post (in accordance with your preferences) about Childs Farm’s activities, promotions and events;
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes and as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- in relation to promotions etc run jointly with a third party – as set out in paragraph 7; and
- as otherwise outlined at the time of collection of your personal data in accordance with the preferences that you express.
- Changing your preferences
We want to make sure that you are happy with the ways in which we hold and use your personal data. If at any time you wish to check, update or amend your personal data or preferences, please contact us at email@example.com or Childs Farm Limited, PO Box 1971, Andover, Hampshire, SP10 9GH.
- Security measures and possibility of international transfer
Childs Farm is registered in accordance with and seeks to comply with the Act. We follow appropriate security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal data so as to prevent unauthorised access by third parties. We also require those parties to whom we transfer personal data to comply with the same. However, the internet is not a totally secure medium and you acknowledge and agree that Childs Farm shall not be responsible for any unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal data, except to the extent we are required to accept such responsibility by the Act.
Please note that we may sometimes transfer your personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) that may not have the same level of protection as countries within the EEA. If we intend to do this, then, where practical and appropriate, before doing so we will put contractual arrangements in place to ensure the adequate protection of your data and we shall endeavour to ensure that any such contractual arrangements comply with the standards required by the Information Commissioner.
- Who else will we provide your data to?
We will not pass on your personal details to any third party unless (i) we have your consent or (ii) as set out below:
- in relation to each of the uses set out in paragraph 3, your personal data may be shared with our partners, employees and/or third party organisations that we appoint to assist Childs Farm. We shall endeavour to ensure that any such recipients of your personal data use appropriate security measures to protect your personal data – see paragraph 5 above;
- in relation to any promotions that we run jointly with a third party – see paragraph 7;
- in relation to any acquisition by Childs Farm or if Childs Farm is acquired by or merged with, another company, we may transfer your personal data to purchasers or subsidiaries (and potential purchasers or subsidiaries). This will enable you, for example, to continue your relationship with Childs Farm despite a change of ownership;
- in relation to content posted by you as set out in paragraph 8; and
- in circumstances in which we are required or authorised by law (including, but not limited to, the Act), court order, regulatory or governmental authorities to disclose your personal data.
- Special promotions
- Content posted by you
Of course, if you post any personal data to any bulletin boards or forums, this information will immediately be made available to other users throughout the world who may use it to send you unsolicited communications.
- The use of ‘Cookies’
In order to enable us to provide you with a personalised browsing experience, the Site uses ‘cookie’ information collection technology to distinguish you from other users of the Site. “Cookies” are small pieces of information that are issued to your computer when you enter a website. Cookies are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive, and they can be used for a wide range of purposes, such as identifying your computer’s previous visits to the website, and to ascertain the most popular features of the website. We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Site and use a shopping basket.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We may use this information to make the Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Within the above groups of cookies, we use Session cookies, Google Analytics cookies and (for the Store pages of the Site only) Shopify cookies. The Session cookies are a file in a temporary directory of the server where registered session variables and their values are stored. This data is available to all pages on the Site during that visit.
- Links and Third Party Advertising
- Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the Act, you also have rights to ask us for details of the personal data that we hold about you, the purposes for which it is being or will be processed, and the recipients or classes of recipients to whom it is being or will be disclosed. If you would like to request this data, please contact us at email@example.com or Childs Farm Ltd, PO Box 1971, Andover, Hampshire, SP10 9GH. We may charge a fee for providing this information to you (details of which are available upon request).
This Site is operated by Childs Farm Ltd (Company No. 07454284 VAT number 110 452568) registered office address at Centrum House, 36 Station Road, Egham, Surrey, TW20 9LF.